The first few steps of planning an event seem quite straightforward: choose an event style, pick a venue and/or caterer and decide if you'll have a theme. But it's what you do to make your event unique that will guarantee it stands out from the rest and ensures your guests have a fantastic night.
Entertainment is the key!
In the long run people are going to remember not what they ate or drank, but if they were moved and grooved. Little things can make a difference:
- An ice-breaking roving performer or musicians to welcome guests can really help set the mood. Some versatile acts which suit numerous occasions include roving magicians, caricaturists, wacky waiters, circus performers, string quartets and jazz bands.
- Roving characters and magicians can help guide guests to their seats and entertain them once they are at their tables.
- Having a comic character or celebrity to MC your event will add a touch of class and keep your night running smoothly. A top-notch host will keep your event running cohesively and make sure that everyone is paying attention for important speeches, performances and announcements.
- Breaking up the formalities of the evening with a sensational feature act will ensure your guests leave your event thinking ‘wow’! Many acts can even customise their show to suit your company, event or theme, including a cabaret show such as Pot-Pourri, a stunning dance show, extreme circus performances and impressive magic shows.
- Getting everyone up and dancing with a band is a great way to involve guests of all ages and their partners or guests. Band styles might include Top 40 and dance covers, rock‘n‘roll, funk and soul, salsa, big band swing and more.
- Use special lighting and fun, customised room decorations and centrepieces to create a magical atmosphere or party ambience.
- Choose a theme to help set your event apart. Some popular themes include Roaring ‘20s, Masquerade, Circus, Hollywood, African Safari and more.
- Ask guests to dress to suit the theme or present your guests with something special on their arrival (such as masks, bandanas, roses, hats, feather boas or sunglasses). Your photos will be a hit!
- Don't have time to organise all of this? Enquire about MTA‘s event management services and we can coordinate it all for you.
“Wonderful performance! The artists captivated the audience, heightening everyone's consciousness and thereby increasing the prospect of successful business sessions the following day.”
Australia-Taiwan Business Council
Events are more than just a great excuse for a party. They also:
- Allow organisations to thank their clients for their custom, and to let it be known they are looking forward to continuing that relationship.
- Provide an opportunity to invite prospective clients to a less formal business environment where they can build their relationship and also network with others.
- Thank employees and suppliers for all their hard work throughout the year and leave them feeling positive about next year
“I can truly say that MTA provided a level of entertainment that could not be surpassed.”
Correctly matched and customised entertainment can:
- unify, amuse and inspire staff and enhance company spirit
- impress and entertain important clients and prospective clients
- celebrate key performers, awardees and anniversaries
- launch products, venues, conferences or concepts
- honour departing CEOs, presidents, principals or partners
- capture the mood of any special themes
“It is hard to find the words to sum up the superb performance of Pot-Pourri at our dinner at Raheen. Perhaps if I say that it was the unanimous view of the Committee that Pot-Pourri was the outstanding highlight of the evening you will understand how we feel. You made the night and ensured that everyone went home full of joie de vivre. Our warmest thanks.”
Eye Research Foundation
So have you thought about what sort of function you are having and what entertainment options might suit?
For a sit-down dinner you could have…
For a cocktail function you might prefer to book…
For a themed party you might want to think about…
For a special occasion where you want to impress, why not look at booking…
“A very sleek performance that successfully incorporated a sales pitch, which worked like a charm. Interacting with the audience with the inclusion of selected Herald Sun staff was also perfectly executed.”
The Herald & Weekly Times Limited
Whatever the occasion MTA Entertainment and Events is here to help provide you with the right entertainment nationally and internationally. Enquiries click here or phone 03 9682 9689