MC & Hoaxer available for hire, based in Victoria
London-born Martin Walker arrived in Australia in the 60’s- “The best ten quid my Dad ever spent” says Martin. A veteran MC with over twenty years experience running conferences throughout Australia and New Zealand he is regularly rebooked by happy customers.
Martin prides himself on his ability to both run a conference and keep his audiences entertained. When things go wrong – and they always go wrong – Martin is there to keep things moving along. The irrepressible Martin Walker sees practically everything from his own hilarious perspective. A former insurance broker (he sold his successful Melbourne brokerage in 1999) Martin was also an active Theatresports player in his now distant youth.
Wherever there's a conference you're quite likely to find Martin Walker at the microphone, keeping order, making sure speakers run to time and making his audiences laugh.
Recent Events Martin has been asked to M.C.:
• .AFMA (Insurance Agent Cluster Group) Annual Conference in Adelaide 3rd February, (5th year).
• .Zurich Financial Lifestyle Solutions (Finance Agents Cluster Group) Annual Conference In Queenstown NZ 17th February, (4th year).
• Pet Industry Association NZ Annual Conference and Trade Show in Rotorua 15th March, (2nd year).
• RIBA (Insurance Broker Cluster Group) Annual Conference in Melbourne 19th March, (6th year).
• CQIB (Qld Broker Cluster Group) Annual Convention in Surfers Paradise. 29th April, (3rd year).
• Cambridge Services – Seminar 11th May (2nd year).
• Australian Society Of Association Executives. Annual Conference in Melbourne 18th May (1st year)
• Alpaca Association New Zealand Annual Conference in Palmerston North NZ, 27th May, (1st year).
• Insurance Institute (Victorian Division) Annual regional conference Albury, August 2005.(9th year).
• Insurance Institute (Queensland Division) Annual Sunshine Seminar in Noosa, 28th August, (1st year).
• Insurance Brokers Association Of New Zealand. Annual Conference in Christchurch NZ 15th September (1st year).
• AFL Umpires’ Association 2005 AFL Grand Final Umpires Luncheon in Melbourne, 20th September, (1st year)
• Institute of Body Corporate Managers Victoria Inc. Annual Conference in Ballarat, 7th October to 9th October (1st year)
• Frontier Software Co. Annual Conference in Sydney, 12th October, (2nd year).
• Insurance Advisers Association of Australia (Agent Cluster Group) Annual Conference at Burswood Casino, Perth, 11th – 13th November, (3rd year).
• Insurance Advisernet Australia (Agent Cluster Group). Hosted trivia quiz Hamilton Island 18th November (1st year).
• Sell Company Of Australia. Christmas Party Disco 2nd December (1st Year)
“The 2005 Annual Conference was an outstanding success, due in no small way to the exemplary level of service you provided. will not hesitate to use your services again in the future and will highly commend it to others.”
The Institute of Body Corporate Managers (Victoria) Inc
“The role of MC is an extremely difficult one and it was reassuring to know that the task was being handled competently and professionally. You kept everything beautifully on track. Your quiet, dry and hilarious sense of humour had our delegates thoroughly enjoying the whole event and waiting in anticipation as to what you might say next and you never let them down.”
Pet Industry Association Of New Zealand
“You kept us all entertained from start to finish and “Hogan’s Hero’s” will never be quite the same for me. So complete was your mastery delegates were even riveted to their seats during the housekeeping announcements. You not only delivered , you exceeded our expectations. In this day and age when many lay claim to such a feat, it’s refreshing to find someone who can.”
Australian And New Zealand Institute Of Insurance And Finance
“Your contribution as MC did much to make the day a resounding success. Feedback from the attendees indicated that your humour and professionalism were a highlight of the seminar.”
Insurance Council Of New Zealand Inc
“ I am pleased to inform you that your performance as Master Of Ceremonies achieved the top rating again this year with 95.4% acceptance rate. Some of the comments included “Gets better with age” “Great as always” “Martin was excellent” and many other favourable comments.”
Regional Insurance Brokers Association
“When we first decided to use a professional MC at our annual conferences, Martin Walker came highly recommended. He has now been the MC at our last 8 conferences held all over Australia and he raises the bar every year. His ability to keep the room upbeat even at the end of a heavy day of business sessions is second to none.”
Australian Fire Manager’s Association
“We have used Martin a number of times as a Master of Ceremonies for both conferences and corporate events, including a “Moulin Rouge” evening, where he managed to stay in character with a French accent for the entire evening! He also recently stepped in with just 2 days notice and did a fantastic job with a conference when the original MC became ill. We have no hesitation in recommending him.”
The Conference Team, Double Bay